Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back ....

Haven't posted in here for a while... The last few weeks have been eventful. I met up with Dad in Chicago the weekend of Mother's day. We met up with family friends, did some shopping around town and had a great dad-son weekend.

Back in town here, I met up with an old friend of mine. We were in high school in India. He was here on vacation.. We dined out and remembered the old times and friends from high school. Some of my friends have done quite well.. from what I heard.

CherkyB has been trying real hard to convince himself and anyone willing to listen to him that I had passed on. Read about it here
, here and here.

My last post had quite a few comments from CherkyB who had started a "Spanky Rememberance Guinness fund". The only useful comment in there though, was that I had gotten my normal body temp wrong. Thank you anonymous! That was my dyslexic typing at work.. I meant to say 98.7.

CherkyB and I even had an IM conversation about my coming back from the dead..

CherkyB: how are the dead?
Spankster: very dead
CherkyB: are they continuing on all right without jerry?
Spankster: gratefully yes


I finally made it to Fat Camp last Thursday, after nearly a month. It was good to meet up with Dr. APatti after a long time. CherkyB and I talked about our blogs and kinda bored APatti. CherkyB fessed up that all that talk about me being dead was an attempt to bait me to update my blog.. I told him that I realized that was the intent, which I didn't fall for.. and that the break from blogging felt energizing!

I've set up a counter that tracks unique visitors to my blogsite. Thanks CherkyB! for the info download on the counter he set up on his blogsite.

Also found out a couple of more friends of mine blogging here. esavage13 and I started of as interns in the same group in 1999 and have kept in touch since then. Siqimo and I worked on a project at work last year.

Yup, its good to be back!

3 Comments:

Blogger CherkyB said...

Strange thing about that statcounter. It tells me I get a lot of referral hits from your site. You sure have a lot of readers considering how long you've been dead.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Live Long & Prosper ! said...

Got a few referral hits from your site too...

10:28 PM  
Blogger esavage13 said...

just a link to the stuff we talked about today: peek-a-boo comments. hey, i didn't make up the name.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home